consumption & Resources
Energy Consumption & Resources
Consumption and Resources is concerned with the choices we all make as consumers and what we do with our waste post consumption. This document is in development – we’re signposting good practice and link directly to websites to enable further exploration.
In a fast-evolving situation, these represent a limited snapshot in time. We aim to revisit the site on a regular basis to update; data as it becomes available, changes in government policy, describe new initiatives and link to further case studies.
The Consumption and Resources Practical Information document is organised to facilitate quick access to the introduction and information regarding the nine areas covered:
Commercial Resources and Waste
To date, the group has made good progress with key initiatives including:
• Publishing guides and useful links to support people in making personal choices on carbon emissions
• Promoting a Shropshire green guide, “Mossy Life” produced by Caroline Talbot
• Creating several toolkits, including materials to set-up a repair cafe and to initiate a Carbon Watchers project. (Carbon Watchers has recently been taken up in Telford & Wrekin, through local community climate champions, working with the Telford & Wrekin Borough Climate Change Partnership)
Looking ahead, the group will:
• Complete a review and update of all the information sheets on the website, including those produced by Veolia on waste management, textiles, etc.
• Increase our focus on reducing food waste with Shrewsbury Food Hub, working closely with the new Shropshire Good Food Partnership led by Jenny Roquette (Land and Biodiversity group), Master composters, Rubbish ambassadors, Street allotments, etc, across the county